A few words about me
I spend most of my time creating free to use bots on the chat platform Discord. These are mostly
written in Python or Java and are used by millions of users.
I also work with a small team designing and developing websites as well as graphics for paying
clients from around the world.
Further, I am involved in a youth theatre group, where I volunteer as the chief in-house electrician and as a sound/lighting technician. I have been with them since 2013 and have enjoyed every moment of it. With them I have on shows as a simple Stage Electrician all the way up to running the show as the Deputy Stage Manager.
Experience - Development
Unreal Designs (June 2012 – Present)
Website Design/Development Lead
also, Business Manager
Unreal Designs - A small online business creating website and graphic designs for clients.
- Maintaining the company site and backend systems.
- Designing most website design orders and assisting with graphic design orders.
- Organising payment of the team and ensuring all team work is completed to a high standard.
- Dealing with all emails to the company, such as quote requests, complaints and general enquiries.
Rythm Bot, Discord (July 2017 – May 2018)
Development Manager (Java/Python/Web)
also, Customer Support
The most popular Discord music bot, used by over a million communities.
- Responsible for the main homepage site and the web dashboard in design, development and maintenance.
- Coordinating all developers on the team working on the project and managing the GitHub repositories for all Rythm related projects.
- Development of utility bots to work alongside the core bot project including a large self-service help desk bot.
- Providing live chat support in Discord for users of the bot and helping them with issues alongside evaluating user feature requests.
Freelance & Own Projects (January 2012 – Present)
also, Graphic Design
further, Discord Bot Development (Python)
- Working for a large number of different clients creating projects to their specifications.
- Coordinating multiple projects and manging time allocation to them.
- Liaising with other developers on client projects to ensure key parts come together and work.
- Using multiple languages to ensure the dream of a project becomes reality without issues.
Experience - Theatre
Young Theatre (February 2014 – Present)
Chief In-House Electrician
also, Information Technology Officer
A youth theatre group run by young people for young people.
- Responsible for maintenance of all electrical equipment within the theatre company.
- Responsible for wiring and checking any practical effects used.
- Part of many shows put on by the company often in high-stress and responsible roles.
- Additionally, maintenance of all email used by the company, Google Drive access and the website.
School Stage (July 2017)
Installation Technician (Work experience)
An install specialist for lighting and sound equipment in schools.
- Assisting with the rigging and permanent installation of lighting fixtures.
- Wiring custom cabling for both lighting control/power as well as for the sound and data installation.
- Running cable throughout the venue in a tidy fashion for control data and sound.
- Responsible for ensuring the work environment was both clean and tidy as well as safe at all times.
Stage Lighting and Sound Team (September 2014 – Present)
A team within the Royal Grammar School that runs and provides the technical services for all school events as requested.
- Day to day running of the services the team provides alongside maintenance of team equipment.
- Teaching younger members of the team technical knowledge and expanding their current understanding.
- Often responsible for the setup and operation of sound and lighting for school concerts and other events.
- Liaising with staff and students about upcoming events and their technical requirements from the team.
Experience - Other
Blink FM (July 2013 – September 2017)
also, Website Designer
A local youth run radio that broadcasts online to all and via radio to areas of south bucks.
- Responsible for managing when shows are on air and checking all content is appropriate.
- Designing and running the station’s website and live radio stream.
- Assisting with attaining correct licensing to be on air in the local area.
- Organising shows for the station as well as equipment and bands for live events.
IT Team, Highcrest Academy (July/August 2017)
IT Technician (Work experience)
The team responsible for all IT equipment and servicing at the Highcrest Academy school.
- Installing new computers at multiple locations in the school.
- Assisting with the rollout of Windows 10 onto all computers in the school.
- Using MDT to install a pre-configured image of Windows 10.
- Aiding the updating of AD and Impero for the network.